Wednesday, January 14, 2015

List of my writing

My writing from the week thus far:
  • English Introduction
  • Blog post on Intro
  • Blog post on formal vs. casual
  • Biology notes
  • Personal fiction
  • Email to my boss
  • Chats with friends
I think the most different of the three would be my first blog entry, chats with my best friend, and the fantasy I am writing. None of these followed a particularly formal rhetoric as it wasn't necessary.

For my blog post on the introduction, much like the emails I send to my boss, I attempted to be informative and brief. It was not my intent to boggle any one's mind with bizarre or complicated language, to bore them with excessive information, nor to persuade anyone that my idea was the best, it was all just a statement of opinion. The language I used was not strictly speaking "formal", but it was not as casual as the language I use with my close friends.

When chatting with my friends, there is very little structure called for. Grammar and spelling aren't considered, and are usually ignored for entertainment. Pictures, videos and music are frequent additions to are attempts at communication, and very rarely do we say anything of real consequence.

In my personal writings, the language and tones I use tend to vary from my own as I am writing from the perspectives of the fictional characters that I am trying to bring to life. In that way, there is a lot of persuasion involved since I am trying to convince the reader that it is not my voice, but the voices of many characters, and that all the added details are describing tangible places and events.


No comments:

Post a Comment