Friday, March 13, 2015

Taking Stock of My Work

  1. I found all the work we did on paraphrasing to be the most useful tool for my analysis because it gave me a good base to work from. Learning how to paraphrase made understanding the subject materials much easier so I knew what I was talking about!
  2. I just started by picking three adds that I could connect in someway and then used the tools we learned to summarize and paraphrase each. I used my paraphrasing as a outline and added analysis to connect each ad to my thesis.
  3. I don't know that changing any of my organization would have made the essay easier to understand. I did not sort the commercials chronologically, instead I tried to organize them based on shared themes or tactics.
  4. I didn't really have specific evidence besides my analysis. I probably could have done more research, but I think the analysis stands pretty strong on it's own.
  5. I feel really good about my paraphrasing of each ad, especially since I had some trouble with the concept when we were practicing in class.
  6. I could have done more work on the transitions between the ads and conclusions. I was finding difficult not to sound too repetitive with my transitions and analysis.
  7. I did not use visuals, but I did my best to vividly describe each commercial. I thinking adding the commercials to my paper would have just been redundant.
  8. Having other opinions on my essay really helped me narrow down the list of things I needed to work on. Some things that I felt needed work were received well by other readers, and other things that I thought were strong enough were pointed out as needing work.
  9. I would probably look more into factual evidence about the type of commercial I was analyzing, try and provide some out side support instead of just analysis.
  10. I am happy with my analysis, it definitely made me focus more on each detail of the commercials. I actually had fun looking for themes and hints within each ad. I found that I noticed a lot more themes related to my life, and cultural references that I did not see the first several times I saw the ad. I can't say this made me want to go out and study more car ads though.
  11. I can see myself using more paraphrasing and summarizing in the future to ensure that I know what it is I am talking about. I think that will help a lot with analyzing many things in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment